Taiyo Fine Chemicals

Introducing the history of development of Taiyo Fine Chemicals that started from color chemistry

History

1941.9 Established for the purpose of regenerating aircraft lubricants under the jurisdiction of the Japanese Army Aviation Division

  • Trade name: Chugai Essential Oil Co., Ltd.
  • Head office location: 2-18 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Kishimoto Building
  • Main factory: 167 Shimomaruko, Ota-ku, Tokyo
  • Branch Factory 500 Kamirenjaku, Mitaka City, Tokyo
1945.4 The main factory burned down due to a major air raid in the Tokyo area, and employees were transferred to the branch factory in Mitaka City to continue production.
1945.8 At the end of the war, the production of lubricating oil at the branch factory was stopped and a conversion plan to other industries was formulated.
1946.5 In the post-war reconstruction period, we started manufacturing pomades using a large amount of raw material oil (castor oil)
1948.6 Began to manufacture dyes and research/prototype inks for recording instruments
1949.7 Started manufacturing ink for recording instruments by consignment of Hitachi, Ltd.
1949.7 With the enforcement of the Food Sanitation Law, we started manufacturing and selling food dyes and special high-grade dyes.
1950.9 Decided to manufacture and sell inks and dyes for recording instruments as the most important item of our management
1950.9 Changed the trade name from Chugai Essential Oil Co., Ltd. to Chugai Kasei Co., Ltd.
1955.6 Moved headquarters from Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo to 6-6-1, Kamirenjaku, Mitaka City, Tokyo
1983.12 Established Urawa factory in 881-1 Dojo, Urawa City, Saitama Prefecture, and started manufacturing chemicals.
1996.9 Completion and operation of Nihonmatsu Factory in Hiraishi Takada Industrial Park in Nihonmatsu City, Fukushima Prefecture
1999.9 Closed Mitaka Head Office Factory and relocated the head office to 1-27-14 Nakamachi, Musashino City, Tokyo
2005.4 Obtained ISO 9001 certification (Headquarters, Nihonmatsu Factory, Urawa Factory)
2007.9 Moved the head office to 35-3 Akaizawa, Nihonmatsu City, Fukushima Prefecture and established the old head office in Musashino City as a sales office.
2008.7 Moved the sales office from Musashino City , Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo and made it a Tokyo sales office.
2008.9 Obtained ISO 14001 certification (Headquarters/Nihonmatsu Factory, Tokyo Sales Office)
2011.6 Nihonmatsu headquarters completed second factory (functional dye manufacturing factory)
2014.2 Nihonmatsu Head Office Development Center opened
2015.4 ISO 14001 certification changed (Urawa factory added)
2015.6 Joined Taiyo Holding Group
2019.2 Moved a Tokyo sales office from Chiyoda-ku to 1-11-1 Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku
2019.7 Changed the trade name from Chugai Kasei Co., Ltd. to Taiyo Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.

Product development history

image:Product development history